Want to intern at International Theater Stockholm? We are looking for interns to help out with stage production, marketing, social media, website coding and more. Read more below about our different internships and how to apply.
About IT’S Internships
IT’S interns help out with stage production, marketing, social media, website coding and more. Read more about the specific positions below.
You’ll be part of the most fun, international and vibrant community in Stockholm! We don’t have any office space so you will be working mostly from home on your own computer or if you are interested in one of the stage management positions then you’ll be working at the venues where we have the shows.
We’re looking for people who can work independently and take initiative as well as being able to coordinate work with the other interns, General Manager and Artistic Director of IT’S.
Time commitment: The internship can be anywhere from 1-2 hours per week to full-time, depending on your availability and your responsibilities. Let us know in your application how much time you are ready to commit. For the most part you will have flexible work hours. Depending on your area of responsibility you might be required to work certain evenings when we have shows etc. Otherwise you can plan your work according to your own schedule. Fall internships run from August/September through mid-December and spring internships from January until May/June. The exact starting and ending dates are flexible.
Reimbursement: All internships are unpaid but depending on how much work and skills put in, interns get at least 25% discount on IT’S classes and 50% discount on most drop-in classes and shows.
The discount on regular weekly classes depends on how many hours per week you work (on average):
• Up to 4 hours/week – 25%
• 4-8 hours/week – 50%
• More than 8 hours/week – 100%
*Discounts on weekend- and additional classes: 15%
*Discounts can’t be combined with other special offers or discounts (such as early sign-up etc.)
Are you interested? Send an application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the following:
• which position(s) you are interested in.
• how much time you can commit, how many hours per week + starting and ending dates.
• why you want to intern at IT’S.
• what you think you can contribute.
• relevant skills & experience.
• 1-2 work references (phone number and email address)
MAIN STAGE PRODUCTION (2 positions)
- Every semester we have about 7-12 shows at Boulevardteatern on Friday nights. The two main stage interns will be responsible for roughly half of those shows.
- Manage all behind the scenes aspects, such as training and managing volunteers, handling meetup groups, setting up the stage and lobby area, welcoming the audience, distributing and selling IT’S marketing materials, and more.
- Coordinate Volunteers: Make sure we have volunteers for each show. This means reaching out to our student group and others and scheduling who is volunteering when.
- Coordinate preparation of materials: Make sure that we have enough T-shirts, bags, programs, BFF-coupons, flyers, newsletter sign-up sheets etc. for each show.
- Help out organizing occasional after-show-parties (usually one per semester)
- Work closely with the other intern in this area to coordinate the work.
SMALLER VENUES PRODUCTION (1-2 positions)
- Each semester we have about 6-8 shows at café String on Wednesday nights.
- Manage all behind the scenes aspects, such as setting up the stage, displaying flyers and other information, setting up ticket sales area, selling tickets, welcoming audience members, packing up once the show is over and keeping track of what needs to be prepared for the next show in terms of for example bringing or printing materials.
CLASS SHOWS PRODUCTION (1-2 positions)
- Every semester we have one or more class show events that you will be responsible for.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers.
- Manage all the preparations of the class shows, including, marketing, informing students, shopping, setting up the location and more.
MARKETING (1-2 positions)
We are looking for interns who can work together / share responsibility for marketing IT’S profile and our shows, classes, events etc. through:
- Manage social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, etc. and meetup
- Create content for status updates and ad campaigns.
- Develop/update IT’S social media strategy.
- Preparing and sending newsletters through Mailchimp.
- Creating content, drafting stories, finding photos etc.
- Build and manage relationships with different media outlets. Keep an updated press list.
- Draft, send and follow up on press releases
- Reach out to different media to get media coverage of IT’S, shows, classes and more.
- Get IT’S shows into different cultural calendars of papers, online media etc.
- Develop a media strategy
Events and Community Building
- Help out organizing special events such as parties, class shows, open house, international visits etc.
- Build relations with strategic groups, expat communities, international groups, schools, acting communities etc in Stockholm
- Spread flyers and posters.
- Look into fundraising, such as crowdfunding to raise funds for IT’S future projects such as our own theater space.
- Increase our SEO ranking.
WEBSITE & CODING
- Help out with fixing some php-coding and other coding issues on our website (WordPress) and our plugin for class registration (Event Espresso).